Every year the Government invests millions into companies that provide employment, increase exports and build wealth in New Zealand. Therefore Regional Business Partners have been set up by NZ Trade & Enterprise (NZTE) and Callaghan Innovation to be local hubs of business development know-how and research and development (R&D) expertise. Each partner works with local businesses in their region to give advice, support and access to funding to help them grow their businesses. If you’re looking to take your small business to the next level with a new product or phase, they’re the people you ought to talk to.
NZTE Capability Development Vouchers
If you have aspirations to grow your business you might also be eligible for an NZTE Capability Development Voucher, which is offered through the Regional Business Partners network. NZTE Capability Development Vouchers are available to businesses to use as partial payment towards the cost of capability development and training in the following areas: Business Planning, Business Systems, Business Sustainability, Capital Raising, Export, Finance, Governance, Lean Manufacturing/ Business Operations, Managing Resources, and Marketing.
Is my business eligible for a Capability Development Voucher?
- Operating with 50 or less FTEs (full time equivalent staff members)
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Operating in a commercial environment – i.e. is currently trading
- Be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
- Have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
Business should also:
- Have the potential and desire to grow.
- Be keen to work with Monteck Carter to support you to unlock your business potential with our Business Planning offering.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving management capability: indicators of commitment include seeking advice, working through the assessment process, and a willingness to co-fund and commit time to capability-building activities
- Have an identified gap that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
To receive a Capability Development Voucher, a business must be registered on the Regional Business Partner Network website. Before you register it’s a good idea to consult your local Regional Business Partner.
Capability Development Vouchers are used to subsidise training and capability development up to a maximum of $5000 per year per business. The business must pay at least half of the training costs.
Research & Development support and funding
As well as supporting building business capability, Regional Business Partners can help businesses access R&D grant funding from Callaghan Innovation. Further information is available from Callaghan Innovation’s website.
Other articles you might find interesting
Article Sourced From http://ift.tt/1JFCmMF